Date: Friday March 13, 2020
Time: 7:00 PM
The hottest rivalry on ice returns to SNHU Arena! Join police officers, firefighters, and thousands of hockey-loving fans for the 2020 CHaD Battle of the Badges Hockey Championship, presented by AutoFair. Game date is Friday, March 13 at 7:00 PM as these community heroes raise money for kids and programs at Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock (CHaD).
The law enforcement and fire & rescue personnel begin practice in November while also raising at least $1,500 each for CHaD. Police won the fundraising battle last year but Fire won the on-ice match-up, scoring the winning goal with 5.6 seconds left in the game. The kids at CHaD were the real winners as the game generated over $275,000, pushing the grand total close to $2.5 million over 12 years.
The funds raised by the game are utilized to support programs not funded by traditional means. These programs provide myriad services to CHaD kids and families, such as Molly’s Place and the Family Center, Child Life department, child advocacy and protection program, and countless others. The services, funded by philanthropy, are what makes CHaD different.
Tickets are $10 and kids 5 and under get in free. Tickets, rosters, and volunteer opportunities are available by visiting CHaDHockey.org. Game day sales begin at 2:00 PM at the SNHU Arena Box Office.
Please note that the arena will be using the following security procedures for all events at the arena. Please plan accordingly.
- Walk thru metal detectors at all entrances of the facility; all patrons will walk through a metal detector prior to gaining access to the arena. If needed, security will perform pat downs on patrons in addition to the metal detectors
- Patron bags will be searched and tagged once allowed into the arena
- Bags larger than 14" x 16" will not be permitted into the arena, this includes backpacks
- Camera policy is set by the show, best practice suggests no cameras for events
- No weapons of any kind will be permitted into the arena
- No outside food or beverage will be permitted into the arena
- The Arena is a no smoking facility, there is no designated smoking area
We encourage you to plan accordingly for traffic in the City, parking and long lines when entering the arena.