SNHU Arena Facts
The ground breaking for the SNHU Arena, formerly known as Verizon Wireless Arena, took place in April 2000, and took nearly one and a half years to complete the facility. On November 15, 2001, we celebrated the grand opening of the SNHU Arena. The Manchester Monarchs, of the ECHL, played their first home game on November 16, and Aerosmith performed the following night.
Seating capacity for the SNHU Arena varies, depending upon each individual event. For example, hockey games seat approximately 10,019, basketball seats 11,140 people, end stage concerts hold about 10,050, while center stage concerts seat about 11,770.
- The SNHU Arena site is on 8.03 acres with 2,650 tons of asphalt.
- The arena no longer has soda dispensers, we are 100% bottled soda
- We have 5 Coca-Cola Vending Machines that the general public can use
- The arena has 38 draft beer towers and 38 cash registers( 26 in our permanent concession stands and 12 potential portable beer stands
- The arena has 34 suites, 5 party suites, and 542 club seats.
- 11 miles of ice floor piping, 3,000 light bulbs, and 350 doors.
- Arenas like it: None