Boston Pops Holiday Pops
December 12, 2020 @ 7:30 PM
The Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra returns to SNHU Arena to perform their beloved Holidays Pops concert on Saturday, December 12 at 7:30pm. The Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra is conducted by Keith Lockhart.
The Manchester engagement of the 2020 Holidays Pops Tour marks their 20th consecutive performance since the opening of the SNHU Arena in 2001.
Capturing the magic of the Holiday season and the winter charms of New England, the Boston Pops will perform their signature Sleigh Ride, as well as other holiday classics, and new arrangements of seasonal favorites. They are joined by the Metropolitan Chorale, known as one of Metro Boston’s premier choral ensembles. Santa Claus himself will make a guest appearance during the concert’s finale followed by the traditional Boston Pops Holiday Sing-a-long to bring this special performance to a close.
The Boston Pops are celebrating their 135th Season, and Keith Lockhart is entering his 26th year as esteemed conductor for the orchestra. Holiday Pops began in 1973 under the leadership of Arthur Fiedler with a three-concert series at Symphony Hall called “A Pops Christmas Party.” Since that time, public demand for the performances has continued to grow and the season has expanded to include well over 30 performances each holiday season. In 1978, the orchestra began a new Christmastime tradition of bringing its unique Holiday Pops concerts to venues throughout New England and the Northeast.
Please note that the arena will be using the following security procedures for all events at the arena. Please plan accordingly.
- Walk thru metal detectors at all entrances of the facility; all patrons will walk through a metal detector prior to gaining access to the arena. If needed, security will perform pat downs on patrons in addition to the metal detectors
- Patron bags will be searched and tagged once allowed into the arena
- Bags larger than 14" x 16" will not be permitted into the arena, this includes backpacks
- Camera policy is set by the show, best practice suggests no cameras for events
- No weapons of any kind will be permitted into the arena
- No outside food or beverage will be permitted into the arena
- The Arena is a no smoking facilty, there is no designated smoking area
We encourage you to plan accordingly for traffic in the City, parking and long lines when entering the arena!