SNHU Arena Facts
The ground breaking for the SNHU Arena, an ASM Global managed facility and formerly known as Verizon Wireless Arena, took place in April 2000, and took nearly one and a half years to complete the facility. On November 15, 2001, we celebrated the grand opening of the SNHU Arena. The Manchester Monarchs, then of the AHL, played their first home game on November 16, and Aerosmith performed the following night.
Seating capacity for the SNHU Arena varies, depending upon each individual event. For example, hockey games seat approximately 10,019, basketball seats 11,140 people, end stage concerts hold about 10,050, while center stage concerts seat about 11,770.
- The SNHU Arena site is on 8.03 acres with 2,650 tons of asphalt.
- The arena no longer has soda dispensers, we are 100% bottled soda
- We have 5 Coca-Cola Vending Machines that the general public can use
- The arena has 38 draft beer towers and 38 cash registers( 26 in our permanent concession stands and 12 potential portable beer stands
- The arena has 32 suites, 5 party suites, 2 private clubs and a public lounge
- 11 miles of ice floor piping, 3,000 light bulbs, and 350 doors.
- Arenas like it: None
About ASM Global
ASM Global was formed in October 2019 from the merger of AEG Facilities, the global innovator in live entertainment venues, and SMG, the gold standard in event management. ASM Global is a venue management powerhouse that spans five continents, 14 countries and more than 300 of the world’s most prestigious arenas, stadiums, convention and exhibit centers, and performing arts venues. As the world’s most trusted venue manager, ASM Global provides venue strategy and management, sales, marketing, event booking and programming, construction and design consulting, and pre-opening services. Among the venues in our portfolio are landmark facilities such as McCormick Place & Soldier Field in Chicago, the Los Angeles Convention Center, Tele2 Arena in Stockholm, the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans and the Shenzhen World Exhibition and Conference Centre in Shenzhen, China. ASM Global also offers food and beverage operations through its concessions and catering companies.